When an accident occurs that resulted in injuries, it can leave an individual very confused and struggling to pay bills. One of the first steps to get life back on track is to hire a personal injury lawyer in Pennsylvania. Automobile accidents are the most common claim for personal injuries. Injuries can occur in a car or as a pedestrian that is struck by a car. Tractor trailer truck accidents are usually the most serious type of accident on a highway; however, drunken driving accidents that involve high rates of speed can involve just as serious injuries as a trucking accident.
There are some steps that everyone should take after an accident occurs. They are:
- Obtain the name, license number, contact information and registration information of any of the drivers involved in the accident.
- Get the name and policy number of the insurance company responsible for the automobile.
- Seek medical treatment immediately for any injuries that were received.
- Take pictures of the damage to the cars involved from every angle possible.
- Write down the name of the police officers on the scene and the names and telephone numbers of any witnesses to the accident.
In order to proceed with filing a lawsuit against someone for injuries received from an accident, there must be a valid injury. The lawsuit must contain the names of the people who caused the injury. In Pennsylvania there are two separate torts on insurance policies. If someone has limited tort on their automobile insurance, they may be forfeiting the opportunity to obtain enough compensation to cover their injuries. Someone with limited tort may have the ability to change it to a full-tort claim in the negligent driver was drunk. If the car involved in the accident is registered in another state, a full tort claim may be permitted.
Trying to sort through all the bigger and smaller pieces of an injury claim should be left to the personal injury lawyer in Pennsylvania. A victim of serious injuries should spend their time and energy concentrating on recovering from this traumatic experience while the lawyer protects their legal rights. For more information on filing a personal injury claim, please feel free to visit Website Domain.
Like us on Facebook.