It does not matter what city you live in in the United States, including Philadelphia PA, an accident can happen anytime. The result can be debilitating and financially crushing to you and your family. If you are seriously injured, you do have recourse. Simply contact a reliable personal injury lawyer to see if you can proceed with an action against those who are responsible for the accident.
Defining Personal Injury
The term “personal injury” is applicable to a variety of different types of harm. Under the law, however, the term indicates any type of damage or harm executed upon a person. Under American law, personal injury falls into three diverse types. These are:
A personal injury lawyer, can, therefore, sue a company or individual for accidents that meet the legal requirements of this definition. This cuts a wide swathe of possibilities. However, the personal injury attorney most commonly addresses the following concerns:
- Vehicular Accidents: These are among the most common types of accidents
- Workplace Accidents: This is beyond what Workman’s compensation covers or is directed to address
- Medical Malpractice: Such issues cover the negligence of individual doctors, clinics and hospitals
- Slip-and-Fall: This covers everything from tripping over decrepit sidewalks to falling on ice patches.
- Dog Bites: This is another area some personal injury lawyers are involved in while not all accidents result in or require legal advice and the following up of a lawyer, the above provides examples of cases personal injury lawyers handle every day.
Talking to a Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injury law is a civil case law. It is governed by the doctrine of negligence. If you suffer harm or damage resulting from someone or something’s negligence, in Philadelphia, PA, contact an attorney. A personal injury lawyer, upon accepting the case, determinedly works with his or her clients to prove the actions of the defendant were not reasonable, responsible, or prudent. In fact, they were negligent.